2012年5月7日月曜日

My first...

So…. I decided to go to the US to learn English. I thought it would be the best way to learn and still believe that I made a right choice. As you can see, I’m writing my blog in English. (not much difficult sentences thought….and I'm sure you will find so many mistakes but.... who cares!!!)

Anyway, now it’s all funny memories but it was not easy at all for me to live in a different country. I’m sure everyone feels same way. Only my regret is..... I should’ve studied English harder in my school-days in Japan.



First thing came up in my mind about funny story was happened when I was crossing the street. I was waiting cars passing by to across the street and one car stopped to let me go. I just naturally bowed and started walking. It’s common for Japanese that people bow when showing appreciation. Then a few seconds later, I felt something weird and realized that the driver was still looking at me and laughing! 



Now I know…. I’ve never seen anyone bowing in same situation in the US. They just smile or raise their hand.
                                 .....too sarcastic?  ;p



とにかく、私は英語を学びにアメリカに行くことに決めました。英語を学ぶにはアメリカへ行ってしまうことが一番よい方法だと思ったし、今でもその決断は間違いではなかったと確信しています。こうやって英語でブログも書けるようになったことだし(そんなに難しい文章は使ってないですね・・・・間違いもたくさつ見つかってしまうかも・・・;p)

そんなことはさておき、今になってみれば全て面白おかしい思い出となっておりますが、自分が育った国でないところに住むというのはなかなか簡単なものではありませんでした。誰もがそうだと思います。たった一つアメリカに着いて後悔したこと・・・それは、学生時代にもっと一生懸命英語を勉強していればよかった・・・。


おかしな出来事として一番最初に思い出されるのは、道路を渡ろうと横断歩道に立っていたときに起きました。車が通り過ぎるのを待っていたところ、一台の車が止まり私を先に渡らせようとしてくれました。自然と軽く会釈をして横断歩道を渡り始めました。感謝を表す時にお辞儀をすることは日本人にとっては当たり前のことです。しかしほんの数秒後・・・・何か変な感じがしました。止まってくれた車のドライバーは私を見て笑ってるじゃないですか!!!!


今になって思えば、私がアメリカで車を運転していて歩行者に頭をさげられたことは、一度もありません。みんなかっこよく片手を挙げたり、笑顔をこちらに向けてきました・・・。

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿